Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Walks in BG- dendritic trees, etc.

Sometimes when my boyfriend and I go on walks I like to bring my camera along to snap photos of visually interesting things. I've always loved the look of dead trees in the early evening or on a cloudy day. The contrast of the  branches against the sky is really beautiful to me. I realized after having recently read a chapter from my biopsychology book that they kind of look like neurons with dendrites reaching out from the cell. So, if you were wondering why I decided to take a bunch of pictures of dead trees, this is why. I'm a nerd (for science and visual aesthetics). Also on our walk we stopped by my friend Heather's house and I snapped some photos of her quirky cat Murphy. He has the biggest paws on a domestic cat I've ever seen and maybe the prettiest meow I've ever heard. He's a funny little guy. Then more pictures of plants/trees and the neighborhood outdoor cat we call "Lep" (for leopard, not leprosy). Anyway, just a random collection of photos. Enjoy! 




























No comments:

Post a Comment